Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Have PCO problem. Why heavy bleeding? On novex DS. Meprate better?

Hi I have PCO problem. I am 30 yrs old and married. from pat 2 months i had haevy bleeding duringmy menustral cycle so consulted doctor and took medicine to stop bleeding and for reducing stomach pain. last month also happened same and doc gave same medicine and new table NOVEX DS , doctor asked to take 2 tables per week for 4 weeks. after tht next month i didnt get periods, i waited for 1 week and went to doctor and said my periods is delayed so doctor gave MEPRATE , and asked to take daily 1 for 7days. after tht i got periods with less bleeding and again after 3 days i went to doctor and i got to know that i am pregant. now still it is bleeding today is 8th day so how safe the baby will be?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. Novex DS [ormeloxifene]:
. Contraindicated: Polycystic ovarian disease [PCO]
. Specific precautions: women who desire to get pregnant should discontinue taking the drug. [present history says you are pregnant]
. Adverse drug reaction: delayed menses [you didn't get periods]

All there are/were present in your history, thus the drug was a complete mis match.

2. Meprate [medroxy progesterone]: break through bleeding is on of the side effects of the drug, thus also not given during pregnancy, and if bleeding is still continuing, confirm with an Ultrasound and/or get medical help for impending miscarriage or pregnancy loss. [your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects].

3. continuous bleeding requires bed rest, limiting physical exercises and movements, avoiding intercourse,use of tampons, and it is very important to be seen by a health professional or you can you can make an appointment with your General Practitioner or Early Pregnancy Assessment Service.
Answered: Mon, 14 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor