• question-icon

Have Mitochondrial Myopathy. Severe vertigo, weakness. What could be the reason?

I.have Mitochondrial.Myopathy its.now.been.22.years aince.this.the symtoms.started..Do.to.Severe fatiuge and muscle.weakness.I.can't.doloose..much ..I have been.gaining weight but.yet I.don't.eat.much.you have any ideas how.I.can.loose.weight? .I.have severe vertigo.so.exercise is out of.the question ..I also.experience Rabdo.of.my muscles.when.I.try to.do.average stuff. I'm.a 51 year old.woman.
H
Wed, 31 Jul 2013
Exercise is a safe and effective way to manage the symptoms of mitochondrial myopathy. Stretching seems to be well tolerated by people with mitochondrial disease. You may prefer to stretch while lying down in bed this is useful in vertigo.
do shorter stretches, holding 5 to 10 seconds so you don’t stress your muscles and expend a great deal of energy
     Eat 1-4 hours before exercise for extra energy, fluid and to prevent hunger. Choose foods rich in carbohydrate with some protein and little fat:
Making an individualized graded exercise plan that factors in rests and nutrition is the key to maintaining, not draining, your energy levels
Hope this is useful for your reduction weight and symptoms.