Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have Mirena for heavy periods. Mirena coming out. Having continuous bleeding. Pull out Mirena?

I have von wilbrands and also had a tubal after my second child and also have the mirena in for heavy periods but now after almost two years it is starting to come out.also I might add I have been bleeding for 13 days now but they say my blood levels are it dangerous to take the mirena myself? And also I don t want another mirena there other options to slow down or stop my period? I m only 32
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is a drug eluting coil / hence withdrawal bleeding is the most likely cause...
It can be pulled out but it is better to be seen by your Gynaecologist – to make sure, there are no other problems causing or contributing..

Take care     
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 3 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor