Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have Mirena IUD. Having boils, blisters on thighs, under breasts, armpits. Excessive sweating, anxiety. Get it removed?

Hi, I am a 25 yr old mother of two. I had the mirena iud put in about 6 months ago. I ve had really bad boils and blisters keep showing up on my inner thighs and under my breasts and arm pits. They may go away but always come back. I ve also had excessive sweating and anxiety since i ve had the iud in, should I get it taken out?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  226
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello, I would be happy to help you.

The skin problems you are describing is called "hydradenitis suppurativa". It is not related to the IUD. The excessive sweating is not related to the IUD. Anxiety or mood related changes MIGHT be related to the hormones associated with the Mirena IUD, but not typically.

You need to talk to your doctor!
Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor