Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Have MVP. Palpitations, chest pain. Ecocardiography shows trace of MR

Hello sir... this is vikas from delhi.... i have been diagnosed with MVP in 2006.... i had symptoms of palpitation and occasional chest pain ... in 2006 i had no MR.... but last yr and this year in my ecocardiography... there was no significant evidence of MVP found... But there is trace of MR... and i have palpitations, burning and pain in chest...
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
with mild MVP trace of MR is possible and no need to worry provided it reamin at same severity ,
many people with MVP may get symptoms as you are getting ,
consult your cardiologist and follow his advice ,
do regular check up and every 2 to 3 year 2D Echo and check severity of MR ,
consult your doctor before you go for any surgery or dental related treatment if you required in future ,
take care
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor