Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have MRI results. Can any online doctor help?

Hello, last week I had an MRI . The results are back with Fatty infiltration of the liver without evidence for a focal lesion within it or hepatosplenomegaly. My question is that every evening in between 5-8pm I am experiencing a burning pain in the liver area. The blood tests have all returned normal with no elevation. Yet I still continue to experience this pain every evening. It happens more when I eat a high carb diet . My question is what should I ask my doctor about for further figuring out whats going on here. I will add that I am also vomiting bile as well. Thick bile, not a little bit. Its a really bright yellow and have had pain in my kidney areas that fluctuates from a stabbing sensation to a burning depending on what I eat. Im really actually suprised that nothing showed up showing inflammation on the MRI. I had experienced it two days before the test during the evening hours. My main question is a liver biosy a viable way to check to see if something else is going on or would it first be better to do another imaging test of the liver, with contrast. This last one did not use contrast. Thanks for any thoughts. Stephen
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
The MRI report has suggested presence of fatty liver.
In fatty liver, the liver usually enlarges and there is stretching of the liver capsule and thus causing pain in the liver region.
Fatty liver is a reversible condition.
The most common cause of fatty liver is alcohol so if you take alcohol, reduce its consumption because alcohol will deteriorate the condition.
Vomiting after having carbohydrate rich diet suggests indigestion.
Vomiting out of bile is commonly due to obstruction beyond the opening of common bile duct.
You need to consult a gastroenterologist for investigation of vomiting and indigestion.
In the mean while do not take fatty and carbohydrate foods. take more of proteins, fluids and fiber.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Sat, 2 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor