Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have HPV. Get genital wrts. Having cut in the frenulum area. Hurts during intercourse. Treatment?

Hello. I am male, 35, and have HPV . I rarely, but sometimes, get a few genital warts . I usually take tagamet ( cimetidine ) daily for a while and it clears them away. Most recently I had a few pop up around the under side of the glans , in the area of the frenulum. Last week while having intersourse with my wife the area became very sore and upon inspection I found a tiny tear in the frenulum, like a tiny paper cut. I did not bleed but has been very sore. The tissue around it feels very brittle and rough, due to the warts, and I am afraid this is keeping it from healing. Can you recommend a course of treatment. So far I have begun taking cimetidine again to clear the warts and have been putting antibiotic ointment on the small tear. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  342
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed tear of a Frenulum during intercourse and you have small genital warts in the same area.
Please take some antibiotics like Doxycycline orally twice daily along with antibiotic ointment for application locally.Get prescription of these medication from your family Physician.It should resolve in 2 weeks

.If genital wars do not fade away you may have to consult qualified Dermatologist for electric Fulguration of warts.
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor