Have GOUT attack in toe joint, inflammation, stiffness and pain. Taking allipurinol. Is that sufficient?

Im a 32 ur old male. I've been dealing with my first gout attack in my toe joint for the past 2 weeks. Doc tested my blood and uric acid level is at 8.8. I've been taking allipurinol 100mg twice a day and NSAIDs like Motrin for the pain. While most of pain is gone, I'm still dealing with the remaining affects of the inflammation - stiffness and pain when bending toe upward. What can I do to rid myself of these final affects?
Mon, 27 May 2013