Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have Frodyce Spots on the shaft of penis. Are they dangerous or contagious ?

I am 15 years old, and have had Frodyce Spots on the shaft of my penis for years. I have been scared of them, because I dont want girls to think I have STD's or something, but that is irrelevant. I am curious if they are dangerous or contagious? Ive tried to pop them out of anxiety and fear, and that only makes them swell and get bigger :/ I would really appreciate some help on this fact, because I am to scared to go to anyone else with this.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Fordyce spots on shaft of your penis.
These spots are due to collection of sebum which is secreted by sebaceous glands located in penile skin.
Normally no treatment is required as they fade away after some time .Treatment is considered only if they get infected or increase in size. Do not worry and observe these spots for couple of months.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor