Have Calculous cholecystitis cortical cyst in right kidney. Can it be cured without surgery?

I was operated for gall bladder stone which was not removed in 2002. Since last 2 months due to pain on the mid back particularly right side I went for ultrasound on 21/02/2013 which says: Calculous cholecystitis cortical cyst.- right kidney . But both kidneys are normal in size and position. GB:mildly contracted with mildly thickened walls and echogenic shadow in lumen (12.2 mm). All other features like sugar , BP,Chest are normal. Can it be done without surgery? My present age is 71.
Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Hello welcome to HCM
Renal cysts is a fluid collection in the kidney. The Majority of renal cysts are benign and can be monitored without any treatment. However some are malignant and have to be removed by surgery.
simple renal cysts are found frequently in the elderly.
Regarding your Gall bladder stone i would like to know why was it not removed during surgery 10 years ago and were you asymptomatic since last 10 years. Because patients with symptomatic gall stone disease should undergo elective surgery for cholecystectomy to avoid complications of Gall stone disease.Adult patients with silent or incidental gallstones should be observed and managed expectantly, Oral bile acid dissolution: ursodeoxycholic acid.is given to patients who do not wish to undergo surgery. Stone clearance: 30 to 90 percent .
Your Ultrasonography report suggest that you are having chronic cholecystitis and the treatment should be cholecystectomy.,
If surgery is to be avoided in patients unfit for surgery patient is advised to avoid dietary fats and large meals.
Hope iI have answered al,l your queries.
Wishing you Good Health

Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
You got operated for cholilithesis but stones were not removed,reasons you have not mentioned.You need not worry for cortical cyst of kidney.However G.B stones cannot be treated without surgery,though there are gall stone dissolving drugs but not very much effective.
Hope this answers your question.