Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Has varicocele. Has zero sperm count. Is there a treatment?

hi my husband has varikosel . he had surgery before our marriage . we planned to have child but after some testing , doctors told him that he cant have child becuse his esperms are 0 . they told us that he should have surgery but its 50 50 . what is your suggestion ? we really like to have child . does it have other treatment or no ?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response
I am sorry that your husband has Varicocele with nil sperm count.
As your doctor said,it is 50-50 chance of improving sperm count after surgery.
You can go for Testis biopsy and confirm the correct pathology.
You have to consult an Infertility specialist/Urologist and proceed accordingly.
He can take treatment and improve his sperm count,but with the advice of Urologist/Specialist only
Wish you good health and all the best
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor