Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Has stomach pain, vomiting and burping. Has diabetes. What should we do?

Hello, My question is about my husband. He is 40 and has type two diabetes . every so often he gets really sick. his stomach hurts him very badly. he says it hurts him to eat and feels like something inside is torn. I do not belive that it is ulsers, because there is no blood in stool or vomit. thursday night he said all the sudden he keep burping. and started vomiting . There is a terible smell to his burps,farts,and vomit. He is extremely unconfertible. what should we do?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of peptic ulcer disease.
Presence of severe abdominal pain, vomiting and burps suggests the diagnosis.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
Other possibilities could be acute pancreatitis, cholecystitis and ketoacidosis.
He should go for complete blood count, serum amylase, liver function test and ultrasound imaging.
He should also go for endoscopy for better clarification.
He should take proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics.
He should also take opioid analgesics and antacids.
Exact treatment depends on the diagnosed disease.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor