Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Has red pimple like area on face. Dermatologist gave steroid and antibiotics. Prevention and cure?

My daughter appears to be developing a red pimple like area on her face. There is a pinhole size opening at the center. This area is tender to the touch. She developed one on her chin in Dec which swelled my ably. A dermatologist in the state in which she attended grad school lanced it, graver her steroid injection I believe along with antibiotics. She appears to be getting two more. One on each side of her face. Etiology? Treatment? Prevention? All I know to do this eve is put paste of water and baking soda as well as ibuprofen for pain
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, thanks for posting your query.

You have not mentioned her age. However, your daughter seems to have nodulocystic acne for which the above is commonly given.

Acne is due to a combination of factors like increase in sebum production due to hormonal stimulation of the sebaceous glands, blockage of pores, proliferation of bacterial flora within the pilosebaceous ducts.

For treatment and prevention oral isotretinoin can be started by prescription.

Avoid any home remedies as it may aggravate the condition.

You may contact a dermatologist for examination and appropriate treatment.

Hope this solves your query.
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Allergist and Immunologist Dr. Suman Kumar's  Response
it seems to be acne
like as there can be cysts filled with oil and other materials n skin
the oily skin lesds to this condition
the prevent will be to keep skn dry and airy
no oily greesy fatty foods
no toxic oils shampoo and boy application materials
use oil in cooking which is easily dissolved
take antibiotic dose adjus ted withge for 5-7 days
apply clindamycin gel tds on face and affected parts
apply calamine lotion locally once a day
give lot of warm water
continue for 3 months and can use off and on
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor