Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Has pain in upper back near kidney. Had been diagnosed with cyst in kidney. Suggestions?

I have a friend that was told she had cyst in the kidney but they are water cyst and not to worry about it... But she called me today and she said she is feeling pain in her upperback and on her right side by the kidney area and she is afraid that is regarding these water cyst she is having....Can you tell me if maybe is something else but not regarding her kidney and if it is true she do not need to worry about water cyst in her kidney. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your friend seems to be having a simple renal cyst. Renal  cysts are generally an incidental finding on ultrasound and normally no treatment is required for them.
Cysts are collection of water like fluid inside a sac.
Simple renal cysts are usually without any symptoms, however some cysts can give rise to pain in the abdomen on that side of the abdomen.
This pain is generally due to the adjacent organs getting pressed by the cyst.
 If the cyst continue to cause pain, you may consult your doctor and get it either aspirated or removed surgically.
Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor