Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Has pain in throat. Hurts while swallowing and talking. Thyroid test negative. Reason?

My son is 32 years old and is complaining of pain in his throat similar to muscle ache or bruise below the laryngeal prominence...he said that is unlike a sore throat, but hurts when he swallows and even when he talks...although not when he is just still...not a constant pain like a sore throat or strep. He had blood tests at the university clinic for thyroid and they were negative...are you able to tell me what this could be and what he should do..?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
can be post t nasal drip of sinusis and due to chronicity the thraot look like that or it can reflux oesophagitis in which acid comes upoto oropharynx causing this
get xray pns warers view to get sinus confirmation or ultrasound abdomen for gastric reflux accordingly treat after consultation with doctor
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor