Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Has irregular menstruation and less interest in sex. What to do?

hello! my wife s age is 29 . she is suffering from irregular menstruation for a long time. our marriage life is of 4 years. but for the last two years, mostly last one year i found her acutely less interested in sex. some times its month we dont have sex. i am totally confused and mentally devastated. what should i do? mehedi YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there. There are a number of possibilities for your wife's apparent disinterest in sexual activity. Here are just a few:
(1) She may be over worked and stressed and too tired to be bothered with sex. See what you can do to relieve these stresses if they exist.
(2) She may be on a medication that is dubbing down her libido. Antidepressants and the birth control pill are famous for this but any medication or drug, prescriber or illicit, can cause this.
(3) She may have Poly-cystic Ovarian Disease. In any case she needs hormonal assay including testosterone.
I hope this helps you a little and good luck.

Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor