Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Has hypertension, headaches, joint pain, edema of ankles. Prescribed felodepin. Side effects?

hi, my wife has hypertension . her BP without medicine rises up to 180/89. she was prescribed Felodepin (Pendril) The medicine has produced many side effects viz. headache, joint pains pains in muscles and bones adjacent to show joints,odema of ankles -quite substantial. She has diabetes moderately controlled-Hab1c around 7.1-7.0 Recent results show some amount of micro albumin in blood and potassium is okay but close to the permissible value. Could you suggest what medicine should be given to control BP with minimum side effectc
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
I can understand your concern regarding your wife's condition. Although Felodepin is a good drug, there are other medications which are preferable in Diabetes. It would difficult to prescribe a medication without actually seeing the patient and her reports. Also there might be some reason your doctor didn't put her on the other medications i am talking about, as those medications can not be given in patients who have developed kidney damage upto some level. It would be advisable to consult your doctor or visit another physician to seek a second opinion.
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor