Has hydronephrosis. Mild cortical thinning in kidney. Associated with renal failure. Explain?

RENAL ULTRASOUND - 12/27/2012 CLINICAL INFORMATION: 36-year-old female with hydronephrosis . Follow up hydronephrosis seen on outside ultrasound. FINDINGS: Right kidney 9.8 cm, left kidney 9.7 cm. Mild hydronephrosis right kidney. Cortical echogenicity of the right kidney is increased relative to the liver and there is mild cortical thinning of the right kidney. No focal masses in the right kidney. Cortical echogenicity of the left kidney is likely mildly increased also with the renal pyramids being more hypoechoic than typical. No hydronephrosis in the left kidney. No focal masses in the left kidney. Urinary bladder measures 5.2 x 1.6 x 5.2 cm and is grossly normal. IMPRESSION: 1) Mild hydronephrosis right kidney. 2) Mild cortical thinning right kidney. Increased cortical echogenicity both kidneys. The increased cortical echogenicity of the kidneys is a finding that can be associated with renal failure both chronic and acute. 3) Urinary bladder grossly normal. Brent R. Bullis, M.D. Body/PET Radiologist Consulting Radiologists, Ltd. WWW.WWWW.WW BRB/aeh D:12/27/2012 / T:12/28/2012
Thu, 3 Jan 2013