Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Has gastric issue and excessive hunger. <br>SGPT report high. Hepatitis?

my SGPT report is not coming down it was 1138 on 9th jan then on 1st Feb it was 114, It was 108 on 20th Feb and 94 on 28th Feb. Means in starting it comes fastly down but now not coming down its very slow. What should i do? Actually i was facing problem of Gas & hungry i was not able toeat more then 2 chapati so i meet to MD Dr. and he referred me for Xray of stomach when report comes he informed me TB Infection on my Intestines he started treatment of the same from 12th Dec. Then this problem arises i hope but after identification of sgpt range he stopped those tablets. Kindly suggest may i have to go for Hepatitis checkup? Please suggest me or i can go to Nagpur to meet an specialist. my present doctor is MD (Physician)
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at HCM!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

From your story, I strongly label it as AKT (anti-tubercular therapy) induced hepatitis.
Was bilirubin and SGOT checked as well?
Was your TB proven on tests or it was started only on suspicion (empiric)?
AKT is commonly associated with hepatitis (rise in bilirubin and SGOT/SGPT) and recovers on stopping AKT.
Xray can not diagnose TB of intestines.
Of course, other possibilities like Tb of liver itself, concomitant mild viral illness can also cause it.
Nevertheless, I think you should better get evaluated at a big tertiary care centre to confirm Tb in the first instance.
Would be happy to guide you if you need any help.

I hope you are fully satisfied with the guidance I gave.
I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this answer.

Thank you and Good luck!
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You have to see a Hepatologist (sub-specialist / gastroenterology)
There are several possibilities - drugs you are taking / Chronic active hepatitis / virus and so on
You may need a battery of tests (even biopsy in some) for appropriate assessment and assistance

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor