Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Has blocked nose. X-ray reported adenoid. Is it advisable to do surgery or ask for medication only?

Dear Doc,
My son is 14yrs old and he snores in the night. He has blocked nose. We took him to an ENT specialist yesterday. He said there is infection and the X-ray suggests that he has adenoid. He has asked to a CT scan tommorow. What would you suggest if the Doc recommends surgery. Is it advisable to do surgery or should ask for medication only. How effective or dangerous is the surgery.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
If it is recurrent after proper treatment then,
Adenoid removal is advisable because he will get complete relief after it .snoring will cure and he can concentrate in his study and other activity.
Now a days endoscopic surgery is more preferable and it is very safe no need to worry for it.Keep regular follow up to your treating doctor.
Answered: Fri, 21 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor