Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Has bleeding. Undergone scan, thick endometrium. Suggest?

Hello Doctor...My mother aged 52 years recently had bleeding problem & after one week the bleeding stopped but still noticing some drops while in the wash room. yesterday she had undergone for scan and the result impression mentioned as Thick and endometrium . pls advise what is the next step. Doctor advised her to undergo for second scan if the bleeding repeated...and may have to do D & C if require. Is it correct. Thanks...Shaik Saleem from Middle East.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi and thanks for the query,
Bleeding in post menopausal women deserves an exclusion of an endometrial anomaly or hyperplasia. This is usually done through a histologic examination by a histopathologist.
I suggest you visit your gynecologist and for this sample of the uterine lining be collected and sent to the pathologist.
I suggest you visit your gyncecologist.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor