Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Has PD, taking Cogentin has adverse side effects. What to do ?

My wife has PD. It is very difficult to take any of the meds, as she has all of the adverse side-effects when taking. One that seems in common is severe burning of her skin, while feeling chilled. The last was Cogentin, for a few day it seemed to help, then the side effects, nausea, memory loss, hives, shaking was helped but got worse, stiffness to the point of immobility. Our Drs. are at a loss as to why she can't take the meds. We don't know where to turn next.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Jun 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
in the PARKINSON'S disease (PD) there should a balance in medication as it have both benefits and side effects, so the dose should be titrated slowly and accurately,some time adding a drug or some time reducing the dose are helpful, so go to your doctor (neurologist) and tell them your problem i think u will get a good health of your wife soon. thanks.
Answered: Sat, 29 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor