Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Has PCOD. Missed period, gained weight, hair growth on upper lip, abdomen and legs. Taking krimson. Suggest?

My daughter didn t hav her periods for 9months. She is 13years and put on lot of weight. Weight 78 and height 165.4cm. Endocrinologist after conducting all test, said that she had PCOD . And suggested to take krimsom 35 , and tab metasens 500mg for 3 months (or will be continued for 1year). Doctor, please advice, is it safe to take these medicines since she only 13yrs, what will be the side effects of this in future or should I consult a gynaecologist . Her testosterone level is 0.5ng/ml. She had lot of hair growth in the abdomen, legs, upper lips etc.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Write your answer hereHello,
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS),  is a hormonal problem that causes women to have a variety of symptoms. 
When a teen or a young woman is first diagnosed with PCOS, she often feels confused. It is a difficult diagnosis to understand and the symptoms can be distressing. Girls may also feel frustrated and/or sad if they are having a hard time losing weight, dealing with acne, excess body hair, and menstrual irregularities.
The principal signs and symptoms of PCOS are related to menstrual disturbances and elevated levels of male hormones.

Women with PCOS are at a higher risk for a number of illnesses, including high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease etc.
While there is no miracle-cure for PCOS, it can be treated. A healthy lifestyle that includes nutritious foods and daily exercise can have a profound and positive effect on the endocrine system, particularly in cases when a young woman is overweight or obese. Studies have shown that losing even 10% of body weight in overweight and obese women with PCOS can eliminate some of the symptoms associated with this disorder.

You must make it sure to get your daughter a right and regular treatment.Giving no treatment would do more harm to your daughter.
Keep in regular touch with endocrinologist and a Gynecologist 
Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor