Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Has Hydronephrosis and Upper Hydro Ureter. Treatment on. What can help her?

Hello Sir, My sister having Gross- Hydronephrosis and Upper Hydro Ureter (right side), she is based in Jaipur. Its been 2 month now she having treatment but there is no results. Could you please recommand any good doctor in Jaipur or if you can advise what to do. Your quick response wil be much appriciate sir. Thank you, Rajesh
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  147
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
According to your USG report you have written it seems that their is obstruction may be due to ureter stone (not seen in USG) which is causing Hydronephrosis and hydro Ureter. But the problem is you have been not diagnosed yet for the cause of obstruction.
The further investigation you needs are IVP in which a die in given through i.v. line and X-ray of KUB are taken at regular intervals.
If IVP can't help your doctor to get to a diagnosis than you may need CT Abdomen. This will surely help you.
I don't know any doctor in Jaipur but you can search for Urologist in Jaipur in google. Hope this will help you.
Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery.
Answered: Sun, 5 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajat Gupta's  Response
Hello Rajesh

Gross hydronephrosis with upper hydroureter if of one side only. is mostly because of either ureteric stricture or ureteric stone.

She needs to be investigated further to find out the cause. Tests like MR urography or DTPA scan may be required.

I would advise you to consult the urology department in SMS Jaipur.

Wishing her a speedy recovery

Dr. Rajat Gupta
Answered: Mon, 6 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor