Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Hardened tissue inside cheeks, hurts only when moving, swollen. Any diagnostic help?

i have a single ball of hardened tissue it seems on the inner sides of my cheeks. After asking my dentist I got told it could be a salivary stone or mucocele. Through my own research, it seems neither fully describe the symptoms correctly. It moves, is pea-sized, hurts only when moving or when I open and close my jaw. I can feel it from the outside over my jaw area by the ear, and can also reach inside my cheek and grasp it. Most saluvary stone description say they are painful and swelling is often present and in my case both re untrue, risng my suspision that it may not be that. Any diagnostic help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Thu, 13 Mar 2014
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
July 2014
thanks for your query,
i have gone through your question. the cause of the mass in your cheek could be because of lipoma or fibroma or arterovenous malformation within the muscle or it can be a calcified mass within the muscle...i advise you to get an ultrasound done in that region to rule out the above said causes... and you need to take radiograph like OPG to rule out and odontogenic causes consult your oral physician for prompt diagnosis and treatment...
i hope my answer will help you..
with regards
Dr. Mahesh Kumar T.S
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor