Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Hard veins on the hand with a bruise after a bang, no pain, prominent bulge, chest pain with numbness. What can be done?

I bumped my left hip on something recently, and had an ugly bruise . Bruise went away, but just noticed that part of one of my veins is really hard now. There is no pain, but the bulge of it is very prominent. I ve had a few chest pains (or twinges, what-have-you) in my left-side chest area, and some numbness somewhat as well. I don t have the $ to go to the Dr, for it to turn out to be nothing. I m only 30 years old for goodness sakes! Any suggestions?
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

the prominent veins may simply be a thrombophlebitis from the injury. if they are not painful they do not require any treatment.

it's unlikely that the twinges in your chest and numbness are related. if short lived pains without any additional symptoms it's unlikely that they are serious. if they persist I would see your dr.

best wishes
Answered: Fri, 18 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor