Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Hard string like particle from rectum, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps. Due to child birth?

I took a shower and pulled a string-like thing out of my bottom. It was hard, flat and about 6-8 inches long. I just gave birth to a baby boy 3 days prior, and after delivery i had diarea twice and i threw up once. But no other signs till today. Baby is 5 days old and i had stomach cramping at dinner and came home to very lose stools . Is this all because of birth? Or do i have worms??
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
I appreciate your query.
Based on what you describe, you are probably suffering from worm infestation.
They are transmitted from person to person through contact with infected feces. This could occur either from food, water or soil that is contaminated.
symptoms include stomach pain, bloating, gas, constipation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and itchiness around the anal area, tenderness of the stomach, constant fatigue, and weight loss.
Worms in pregnancy are a common occurrence due to a pregnant woman’s lowered immunity. Common home remedies are garlic, carrots, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate and probiotics contained in yoghurt, curd etc.
High fibre diet helps in improving bowel movements .
Definite diagnosis is by peri-anal swab, stool sample, or cellophane tape test to detect worms or ova.
Based on the type of worm infestation, your gynecologist will prescribe you antihelminthics ( common ones are mebendazole and albendazole )
However breastfeeding might have to be discontinued for a few days till you take the drug.
Please consult your gynecologist for specific dosage.
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor