Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Hard sore red lump thing, pimple down below, sore to walk and sit down with it. Is it a boil?

hey, I am a 17 year old girl and I've noticed a hard sore red lump thing like a big pimple down below.. I think its a boil but I'm not too sure and I am too embarrassed to go to my doctor about it. Its really sore and its sore to walk and sit down with it, is it a boil? or is it something more serious? what are the home remedies to healing it? PLEASE HELP!! I've had enough of this pain :(
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Seems like you have developed Folliculitis over the groin region
Now firstly i would advise you to keep the area clean and dry as much as possible...Do not apply any kind of moisturizing creams/lotions or oil over the affected area....Wear cotton undergarments so as to decrease the amount of sweating..
Clean the area with lukewarm water twice a day and apply an antibiotic cream like mupirocin gel over the area twice daily...
If inspite of the above measures, the lesion persists or continues to increase in size, then you might need a course of oral antibiotics along with pain killers..In that case, i would advise you to visit a dermatologist for proper assessment and treatment

Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor