Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Hard red swollen lump near vagina that hurts, yellow smelly pus discharge mixed with blood. Causes ?

For the past 2-3 day I ve had a hard red swollen lump near my vagina area by the bikini line. It hurt so much, it was a hassle for me to walk so I would just Lay in be most if the time, lastnight I kinda popped it and little amounts of yellow smelly pus mixed with blood came out. When I woke up the next morning, my underwear was all filled with this sort I liquid it looked yellow and with blood it smelled really bad. Now that that happens the lump doesn t really hurt me as much nomore. Help?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  790
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response

Thank you for posting your query.

It may be a furuncle or abscess that can occur elsewhere on your body. Kindly rule out Diabetes Mallitus. You approach your surgeon and he/she will give appropriate antibiotics to control the further spread and for the subsidence of existing lesion. Some surgeon would prefer to go for a culture test from the pus or discharge and antibiotics can be selected according to the sensitivity of organism.

Another possibility is Bartholin's abscess which will be located on the lower third of the labium majus and pointing towards the inner aspect of vestibule of vulva.
You surgeon will be able to guide you properly for the total cure.
Get well soon.
DR S.Murgan
Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor