Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Hard, raised lump on clavicle bone, closer to the upper sternum, pain on moving arm. Cure?

Hey Doc XXXXXX, I have a about a quarter-sized hard, raised lump on my clavical bone, closer to the upper sternum as opposed to the shoulder area. It is quite tender to the touch and there is some pain with upward movement of my arm , as well. It this something I need to be concerned about? Thanks so much for your input.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  322
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi thanks for the query.
The lump on the inner side of the clavicle needs to be evaluated. I advice you to consult an orthopaedic surgeon who can advice you an x ray and evaluate the swelling.
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor