Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Hard palate swollen and painful. Swollen gum. Is it intraoral herpes?

hello i am a 28 yr. old female yesterday morning i woke up with the right side of my hard palate swollen and painful later during the day the inner gum line along the same side was a little swollen as well, today is seems to be ulcerating a little. I can t tell if this from intraoral herpes or from possibly burning my mouth on some hot stew the night before
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1696
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
hi madam..have you checked for decay of teeth nearby the swelling?usually hard palate gets swollen due to accumulation of pus in that region.usually it occurs due to dental caries,periodontitis etc.this will result in absess formation.visit your dentist and get check-up done.depending on the condition,we can decide the treatment like absess drainge/curettage etc..take care..
Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor