Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Hard painful bruise on chin, getting red, larger. How to treat it?

I fell three weeks ago and obtained a palm sized bruise on my chin from where a gallon water dispenser fell on my leg when I went down. The bruise has become hard and always been painful to touch. Currently the bruise is hard and seems to be swelling . A red spot appeared on the bruise just two days ago and the spot is getting larger, currently about the size of a quarter. I am concerned it may cause a blood clot. How can I treat this until seeing my doctor next week? Or should I go to an urgent care clinic/ER.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

If there is increasing pain and tenderness in a bruise then it could be because of various causes like infection etc. So I request you to consult your doctor for a physical examination. If there is a long wait to see a doctor the consult ER once.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor