Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Hard of hearing, squeaky noise. Listened to loud music. Will I be okay?

Hi, I am 31 and I have a problem hearing in my left ear its not completely def but it has reduced its sensitivity compared to the my right ear. I had noticed it several years back, when I had been to a music concert where I had screamed during that time. since then I have the problem, I was never exposed to the speaker at that time but I had a habit of listening to the laud music. Usually after I take a bath I notice that my left ear opens up for some time and I hear normal but after some time it goes back to same state that is I hear low in it.I Do hear a squeaky noise if I press my finger in that ear and it opens up for a while and again goes to same state...Can it be cured with meds without going for any high level treatment such as surgery or such kind
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding reduce hearing in your left ear, and as you said that you feel momentarly better hearing by pressing the tragal cartilage and as it is released hearing becomes better.

Your this observation of getting better hearing indicates that your eustachian tube is not working properly and it gets block from time to time. To diagnose it you may examined yourself by Impedance Audiometery, which will clear the picture.

As far as reatment is concern you should yourself examined by an ENT specialist to rule out any pathology in nose , paranasal sinuses and throat which may cause eustachian tube dysfunction, if any such problem is identified that should be treated first, on the other hand if nose, nasopharynx and throat are found to be normal than GROMMET insertion on your ear drum will solve the problem.

Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor