Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Hard moveable lymph node in the supra-clavicle area, does not show signs of change, abdominal CT normal. Should I worry about node?

I have had a hard moveable lymph node for at least a year in the left superclavicle area. It has not shown any changes or signs of growth. At about the same time, I had an abdominal ct for another reason that was normal so I assume that would rule out the link to gastric cancer . Also had normal mammo. Should I be concerned about node that is not changing?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  288
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response

Welcome to HCM.
CT alone is not enough.

You need

1. Detailed history pertaining to various organ systems to find the source of the problem.
2. General physical examination including vaginal and rectal examination.
3. Tumour markers.
4. Biopsy of the lymph node.

Kindly do not ignore and consult asap.
Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor