Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Hard lump under skin below the outside corner of eye. Had hit on the cheek bone the earlier week. Cause?

My 6 year old son had a toboganning accident and struck his right eye/cheekbone very hard against another kid s sled. He had a severely bruised eye/cheek with a lot of swelling . The family doctor said it was fine and tested his eye movement and cheek bone etc. It all appeared to heal up fine. But now, about three-four weeks later, there is a very hard lump under the skin below the outside corner of his eye, at the top of the cheek bone. It is about the size of a bean and can move around a bit under the skin. It doesn t hurt him.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.

I would advice you to get a thorough clinical evaluation as well as radiological investigation done.

If there is fracture of jaws,inter maxillary fixation has to be done.

Antibiotics has to be administered along with analgesics.

Frequent cold packs has to be administered.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Sat, 26 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor