Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Hard lump on the side of skull that feels tender occasionally. What could it be?

I have a hard lump on the side of my skull that has been there for about a month. I haven t noticed getting any headaches or dizziness or anything out of the ordinary, however occasionally the lump is a bit tender. I went to the dr and got X-rays and he now wants to see me again. My appt is tomorrow and I m just a bit scared wondering what it could possibly be.....
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to Healthcare magic.Thank you for the query.
In most cases thi sis benign subcutaneous lesion such as lipoma, fibroma, ateroma or swollen lymph node. You can do ultrasound and needle aspirational biopsy to verify the exact diagnosis. And if there is indication after it, it can be surgically removed in local anasthesia.
Wish you good health. Regards
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor