Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Hard lump on the knuckle at the site of jamming, annoying pain. Fracture?

I thought I jammed my finger about 4-5 months ago, but now all that has happened is that a hard lump has formed on the side of my right ring finger knuckle closest to the hand . I cant crack that knuckle and it has a weird and annoying pain. Did I break it? Should I go to the doctors? Will they have to reset the finger? I play football and basketball and I can t miss anything, what s the recovery time?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  728
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

Without an opportunity to examine the swelling ,it is difficult to comment on it. But From description , this hard lump most probably formed due to haematoma formation which might get fibrosed or calcified.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination of swelling. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.

Meanwhile give hot fomatation over it, You can take Tablet Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily).

Wishing you good health.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor