Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Hard lump near the clitoris. Should I be concerned?

I am a 20 year old female and for a couple of months I have noticed a hard lump under the skin to the left of my clitoris. It doesn't bother me at all, and I don't believe its growing. On the surface of my skin where the bump is it looks like a pimple, like a white head on it. Its hard and when I pinch it, its almost like the same effect when you bend the cartlege in you ear. It doesn't go away but it hasn't gotten bigger either
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  328
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Since you are not complaining of any pain or fever and is present for many months,it can't be a boil or folliculitis.
The most likely cause should be a sebaceous cyst.
Sebaceous cyst doesn't cause any pain unless it gets infected.
You must consult a Gynecologist and get the diagnosis made.
There is no treatment for it except surgical removal of the cyst.
Anti biotics are prescribed,if the cyst gets infected.
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor