Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Hard lump inside vagina,frequent urination,irriation. Vaginal cancer?

Okay I m asking this question for my girlfriend, please help I m a little worried tht this could be something. Well recently my girlfriend (17) and I were intimate, and while my finger was inside her vagina I felt something that I guess was a sort of lump to the left (her left) of the opening of her cervix . It was hard and the best way I can describe it, it felt almost like rigid like if I rub my throat that kind of feeling and it was hard and I don t think it moved. She has also said that she has been urinating more frequently but she does drink alot of water, and she has also said that she feels irritated down there alot recently. I ve looked up some things and I came across vaginal cancer . I really hope and pray that she doesn t have that and i don t know how to get her rested for it because we couldn t tell her parents how we found it or that we ve had sex. Please help me!!
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  370
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response

You need not worry as what you felt will be the part of cervix as it will be firm to hard in any girl who is yet to have a normal vaginal delivery. Sometimes what you felt may be the normal pelvic bone parts if your girl friend is very lean. So no need to panic.
the urinary irritation and vaginal irritation is because of vaginal infection because of handling. This can be treated with antibiotics and drinking lot of water and maintaining a local hygiene. All the best.

Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim
Surgical Oncologist
Answered: Mon, 7 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Oncologist, Radiation Dr. Rushi Panchal's  Response
best thing is to meet any gynecologist and Doctor then do perspeculum and per vaginal examination give us clue of any suspected cancer disease, in case suspicious lesion biopsy has to be done for confirmation of malignancy.
Answered: Wed, 28 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor