Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Hard lump in crease of arm, difficulty in movement, severe pain try to open. What is it, require consultation?

I have a rather large, hard mass/lump in the crease of the arm , like the elbow crease. The mass is pretty big, maybe golf ball size. I can not fully extend my arm out, it feels like its pulling/ stretching , its almost like my arm wont extend out it hurta. It now has developed lines or indentions on top, maybe from my arm being closed, but the skin doesnt smooth out its lumped up on top. Its red, and sometimes hot to touch, but majorly painful when aggregated. Like trying to open arm, touching it, etc is painful. If i leave arm half way closed and do not touch its fine. I know something is not right, but I do not have insurance and i do not know what to do. Can you please tell me what this could be??? Anything I can do at home to get rid of it or should I go to the ER or find a doctor??
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query,
Lump in arm pit area can be an abscess due to bacterial infection.

However this area is rich in vessels and hence chances of thrombophlebitis is also there.

You may require treatment with antibiotics.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis and treatment as it is a very vital area.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor