Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Hard lump, hurts, like pimple with white head, pus oozes out. How to get rid off it?

Hi my name is Tiffany and today I've noticed a hard lump that hurts to touch and would appear to be a pimple or white head so I decided to pop it and a continuous flow of smelly ,solid white stuff came out and at first i thought it was finally drained but a few minutes later i tried again and the same thing I also noticed when sqeezing and pushing all around it its like a pus filled pocket under the skin and would roll giving the impression it was empty but now at this time it really sore and feals as if its still there just deeper within the chest bone and while squeezing I forgot to mention I noticed other white headed bumps like 2 or 3 around it like drainage holes the more I squeezed seemed to appear .
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  768
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Welcome to HCM

Seems like you have developed Acne Corporis lesions.
Sometimes acne lesions can occur only over the body.
Acne vulgaris is a common human skin disease, characterized by areas of skin with seborrhea (scaly red skin), comedones (blackheads and whiteheads), papules (pinheads), pustules (pimples), nodules (large papules) and possibly scarring.
Acne affects mostly skin with the densest population of sebaceous follicles; these areas include the face, the upper part of the chest, and the back.

In your case, you seem to develop acne lesions only over chest and upper arms.
This is a common condition especially in adults.

Some general advise :
Avoid using any kind of moisturising creams/ lotions or oils over the affected area.
Wear cotton clothes as much as possible
Do not use any liquids like dettol/savlon over the affected area
You can however use antibacterial soaps
You might need to apply some antiacne medications like Clindamycin gel over the affected area.

But if inspite of the above measures, you continue to develop the lesions, then you might need a course of oral antibiotics.

So I would recommend that you visit a dermatologist in that case for proper examination and treatment.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul

Answered: Thu, 20 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor