Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Hard knot on right cheek, swollen. History of surgery for knot removal. Advice

I have a hard knot on the right side of my cheek, well it's more like on the part where my jaw opens. And I woke up with that side of my face swollen, eye puffy, but no pain. This is on the right side of my face. And I had surgery a little over a year ago to remove the knot one time and as it was healing the same hard knot just came right back.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcomte to HCM. There is no other succesful managment but surgical removal. Was it sent to analysis first time. If this is benign lesion than it should be removed under local anasthesia and it shouldnt come bacj if surgical technique was adequate. If you face become swollen then it can be inflammated or it can be obstructed lymohatic canal or gland. you should visit ENT for correct diagnosis. Wish you good health.
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor