Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Hard knot, indentation on had post bang, no bleeding. Treatment required?

i hit my head on a jagged rock today climbing, i stepped up and hit my head on it significantly hard. it swole up pretty quick about a quarter size if that. it did not knock me out it did not bleed . do i need to see a doctor it happened about 4 hours ago. the knot is fairly hard but there is an indention in the middle of it
Fri, 26 Oct 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

I think, as of now, you can wait and watch and there is no urgency to see a doctor.

If you develop severe headache, vomiting, fits, weakness of any limbs, etc, you should see a doctor and get a CT scan of the brain done.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor