Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Hard knot behind the right ear, hard lump on the right side of the head, hurts when touched. Should I see the GP or ENT ?

I believe I have mastoiditis? I woke up yesterday with a hard knot behind my right ear and I have a hard lump on the right side of my head about 2 inches above my ear. When touched it hurts and puts pressure on the hard knot behind my ear. I have an appointment with a General Practice but should I go direct to an ENT? I am a bit worried, I had a similar hard lump in my crown a few months ago that went away in a week with no opinion or treatment but this pain is different.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  276
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The hard lumps behind you rear and on the neck are likely to be the swollen lymph nodes due to the infection. A course of antibiotics should be sufficient to take care of this. You can get it examined from your physician.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Mon, 9 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor