Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Hard, discolored lump on top of head, changing in size, growing larger, shrinking. Treatment?

I have a hard, discolored lump on the top of my head left side. It is approximately the size of a nickel and is not painful. I have had this for approximately 2 months. It seems to change size week by week. It gets larger and then will shrink a little bit but not back to the original size. I am a 42 yr old female, generally in good health except I am overweight .
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  485
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Chery, hello
The swelling on your head can be a lipoma i.e. a benign tumor of soft tissue consisting of fatty or adipose tissue. Please check whether it is movable or not.
Lipomas are soft to touch, usually movable and generaly painless.
Usually treatment of lipoma is not necessary unless they become painful or movement is restricted.
It is advisable that you get yorself medically examined. Treatment of lipomas is excision.
I hope this is useful to you.
Answered: Fri, 5 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor