Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Hard corn on the feet. Will surgery give a permanent cure?

My husband has a huge hard corn in the middle of his hill at the back. It s about 1,5 inch high from the floor and it s thick and hard, about as big as a penny or bigger. It bothers him a lot and it is very painful. Can it be surgically removed for good? If yes, is the cost covered by insurance? We live in Canada. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Hi goga,
You can consult a dermatosurgeon.The doctor will remove the corn intoto by radiofrequency excision.The lesion will heal faster.There are various silicon padded soles which you can use later to prevent recurrence.regarding insurance coverage i will enquire and keep you posted later.
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor