Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Hands feeling tight and painful. Diabetic with high glucose. History of bypass. Which doctor to consult?

my husband, 54, had a cardiac arrest last May (2010) and bypass surgery in August. He is also a Type 2 diabetic and recently his glucose has been high. Cardiac-wise things now look good. The past few weeks he has complained about this hands feeling tight (I don t notice edema on his hands or feet) and they have been painful. As of a yesterday several of his knuckles have started to look purple and I m concerned. Do I go see the primary physician, endocrinologist or cardiologist?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for writing in at HCM
Firstly I want to know that for how much years you are suffering for Diabetes. The pain may be due to diabetic neuropathy which usually starts at your age but lot depends on the period of being diabetic. More you have a high blood sugar level which adds up to a risk factor.
As per your concern about purple knuckles these may be related to diabetes but need to be rule out for smoking related disease like aneurysm. But it is only possible if you are smoker.
In my opinion its better to consult you endocrinologist for you uncontrolled blood sugar level.
Best Wishes
Answered: Sat, 4 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor