Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Hand injury, swelling, bruising. Hard lump on fingers, hurts to touch. Done x-ray. What could it be?

2 weeks ago i slammed the back of my hand on a door frame accidently,i had swelling and bruising which has virtualy gone,but inbetween and near my index finger and forefinger ive got a hard erased lump which hurts to touch,i can fist wih my hand but it hurts my index finger,ive been for a xray but heard nothing yet,any idea what it could be.. thank you
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  317
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

From description it seems to be soft tissue injury over your hand.

These hard lumps are blood collection(haematoma) which might get organised. This may take few weeks to get dissolved. Apply hot fomatation over it.

You can take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation after discussing with your doctor. Avoid lifting and rest well.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Answered: Sun, 25 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor