Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Hand injury. Done Xray and MRI which showed edema. Having pain. Cause?

I injured my hand 2 months ago and my orthaepedic doctor has no idea what is wrong. I woul like to know if he is missing something. So far I have had xrays and 2 MRIs. Both show edema which is visible from the outside, and I have limited movement with severe to moderate pain. He has recommended PT and injections in my neck .
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
It sounds although you may have Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome or CRPS. This is why your Dr has recommended the treatments that he has. You can start a little more simply with medication such as pregabalin (lyrics) as well as specific physiotherapy for CRPS.
Answered: Wed, 2 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor