Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Hamartoma, done surgery. Lump in neck. Is there any corolation between the spleen and new thyroid problem?

I am 56 year old female. Healthy expect I need to loose some weight. I had a splenectomy done last year. Had pain and went to ER then a large growth was noted. Diagnosis was a Hamartoma. I have recooperated well. I am now 7 months post surgery and just identified a lump in my neck. 3.4cm Thyroid nodule . Ultrasound done with recommendation of a fine needle aspiration. Is there any corolation between the spleen and new thryoid problem
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Endocrinologist 's  Response

Your hemartoma in spleen may not be related to your thyroid swelling. Since you have a nodule of 3.4cm in thyroid it is preferable to have a ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration of the nodule to decide on nature of the swelling.
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor